Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Go and study Oh Child



Go and study otherwise you will not get your favourite chocolates.
I want to jump hop and play
You want to become a fruit seller or vegetable seller at market
Let me watch my cartoon
Exams are approaching
Games please
Eat you food otherwise you will become weak
Mom stop making fusses and let me play
School time go run

Sleep, your eyes will pain in this street light
I want to study, exams are near
I want to become a doctor with gear
Boy, you are hungry I fear
I ate that one chapatti at noon
Will drink water and sleep
I will gift you a ball after your exams
Thanks a lot Mom




This post is exclusively written for Help A Child to Study NGO  who sponsors the higher education of meritorious underprivileged students, supporting them to achieve dreams of a better future.http://www.helpachild.in/



1 comment:

  1. Its an amazing poem stressing on two lifestyles of young boys, where one don't want to study because his living lavishly already and the other one is struggling to make out a lavish living. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete