Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Life after Death



What is death? Can we really define it? The first death I saw in my life was of my grandmother, all of sudden she got heart attack and then she was dead! I was 7 year old at that time, and I saw death. As per Islam, the dead body is bathe clean and then wrapped into white clothes and relatives will come and see the body, give sympathy to the family members. I was not getting anything, here I saw death wrapped in white cloth. What next?

Are we really dead? Or we are gone somewhere else. My mom says that life after death is either heaven or hell, one day Allah will raise all the dead. That day the whole universe will be destroyed and then dead will be standing in front of Allah. On that day, every person will be rewarded as per their good or bad deeds.



I was pondering about the explanation, but I got a beautiful logical answer many years later. One day when I was trying to steal a chocolate, just for fun. Something in my inner self said me, “Allah is watching you “Counting on your deeds.Ofcourse, the stealing part was so planned that nobody would ever know that I stole a chocolate. But my guilt would never leave me alone. Your guilt can help you making good human being! And your guilt will help count on your good deeds.From that day, i knew that my every moment is counted upon , even if humans cannot see it .

You can say, if there is no life after death, the very belief in Allah becomes meaningless .Nobody would be ever concerned about the good and bad things on earth, and the guilt would never exist at all.

Surely, Allah is just and punish the ones who did crimes on earth, there is no sorry for one who killed and tortured thousands of innocent people, one who created great crimes, enslaved numerous people .That day would be the day of judgement when your good deeds will matter! Even a smile is a charity .Sharing a bread is good deed. Visiting a patient is counted. Everything is watched upon by the creator. I don’t understand religions, what I understand is there is only one creator and is the best planner.

The Belief in life after death not only guarantees success in the hereafter but also makes this world full of peace and happiness by making individuals most responsible and kind in their human activities.


 This post is exclusively written for Indispire ""What do you think happens after one dies?"


2 comments: